Before you wave goodbye to summer and head off on your weekend plans, be sure to read these safety tips!
While the long weekend is a great opportunity to spend time with friends and family, it can also lead to several accidents that could have been prevented by remembering important safety precautions. Whether you are heading out on the road, swimming at the beach, or grilling in the backyard, check out these handy provisions:
- Always carry an emergency supply kit
- Let someone know your destination, route, and estimated arrival time
- Abide by all speed limits
- Don’t drink and drive
- Have your car checked before heading out on a long road trip
- Do not proceed with your plans if it is forecast thunder storms and rain
- Never swim alone
- Always supervise your children
- For those not confident in the water, provide a life jacket or floatation device
- Station the grill away from the house, other structures, and hanging branches or vines
- Do not proceed if you notice the gas tank leaking
- Keep pets and children away from the grill at all times
- Never add charcoal starter fluid when coals have already been ignited
From all of us at The Misner Agency, we hope that you all have an enjoyable and safe Labor Day weekend! To fully relax this weekend, be sure to visit us beforehand to secure all of your insurance needs. From business to personal insurance, we got you covered! Contact us here!