Enjoy This Quick and Easy Recipe for Sesame Seed-Crusted Salmon Burgers with Yogurt Sauce
With the prep time only 20 minutes, this cool summer recipe makes 4 servings and each burger is less than 500 calories, meaning this recipe checks all of the boxes!
- 1 (1-pound) salmon fillet, skinned and chopped
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted and divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
1) Combine the salmon, spinach, panko, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, ginger, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Form the mixture into 4 equal patties.
2) Place the remaining sesame seeds onto a plate, and dip one side of patties into seeds to coat.
3) Stir together yogurt, dill, garlic, and remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a small bowl.
4) Preheat a lightly oiled grill pan over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Cook burgers over medium heat, turning, 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through.
5) Grill buns, cut sides down, for about 2 minutes or until golden.
6) Place burgers on buns, and top with 2 tablespoons yogurt sauce.
We hope you enjoyed this summer recipe as much we did here at The Misner Agency. Be sure to visit us to fulfill all of your personal and business insurance needs!